Here I am again… blogging.
Today is the 4th day of rioting in London and there is complete anarchy.Tube lines delayed, people being evacuated from buildings and people fearing for their lives.
The Evening Standard has littered its pages with images from the destruction both within London and other cities around the UK. So what are we to make of all this?
I’ll now present both sides of the argument.
– The violence is senseless. No one is rioting because of the death of Mark Duggan on Thursday.
– The clean up operation will cost the nation a LOT of money.
– The looters and criminals are selfish. They are causing trouble and milking the situation for what they can get. Sure, many argue that politicians do what is best for themselves, but are you not doing the same thing?
– The looters are greedy.
– Innocent lives are being affected. Eg, loss of jobs, lives, peace of mind.
– They are a disgrace to London and our generation.
– Young people cannot get jobs, youth centres are closed and people won’t be able to afford university because of Government cuts. They have been pushed over the edge.
– Young people are bored.
– Looting is fun!
– Let’s get the Government’s attention.
– My parents asked me to loot.
– You think we’re all criminals, so we may as well get something out of it.
– Let’s see how you like it when you’re not in control.
– My parents have been made redundant and we don’t have much money.
I’ve presented both sides of the argument, where do you sit?
I’ll leave you with some pictures I’ve taken from the riots on my way home.
Until next time.